1. Driver Requirements: Twelve to sixteen-year-old, entry level class. If a driver turns seventeen years old during the season he/she will be allowed to complete the season. All drivers must have a good working knowledge of how to operate a car and all required safety procedures before entering onto the racing surface. It will be the sole responsibility of the parent to see that the child has the knowledge to enter onto the racing surface safely. A notarized release form signed by both parents or legal guardians must be completed before being allowed to race. If the track officials view you cannot handle a racecar, you will not be allowed to continue.
2. Safety: This class will abide by the same general safety rules in place for all classes. A working ABC fire extinguisher with gauge (min 5 lb) is mandatory in each racecar and tow vehicle. Must be mounted in a quick release bracket (duct tape is not acceptable). Every driver must wear a COMPLETE fire suit, Nomex gloves, unaltered neck restraint. Fireproof racing shoes are strongly recommended. Window net (bolted at bottom with a strong safe quick release at top), racing seat with five-point seat belt, and removable steering wheel are required. Seat belt must be fastened to the roll cage. Roll cage must be complete and subject to inspection. All drivers must wear a DOT approved full style helmet. Driver's head with helmet must not rise above the roll cage.
3. Battery: Must arrive at the track fully charged and must not be located in the drivers compartment. It must be separated form the driver and fuel tank by a sealed firewall. It must be securely fastened (no bungee cords).
4. Brakes: 4 wheel brakes are MANDATORY. All brakes must be in working condition. All four wheels must lock up in brake test. No brake adjustments or shut- offs from the driver's compartment will be allowed. No aftermarket pedals and only one master cylinder allowed.
5. Bumpers: Mandatory
6. Carburetors: STOCK carburetor or STOCK fuel injection only. Fuel injection allowed only n those cars that came from the factory stock equipment. (GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc.) Manufacturer's stock cast iron intake manifold. No Turbo Chargers allowed.
7. Clutch: Stock only, with bell housing protection. No racing two or three disc type clutches allowed. Clutch must be inside bell housing. MUST have scatter shield or protective plate 180 degrees around clutch. If plate is used. 1/8" minimum thickness required. It must have one inch inspection hole in bell housing to view clutch area.
8. Drive shaft: Metal strap or chain located beneath the forward 1/3 of drive shaft to prevent it from dropping on track. DRIVESHAFT MUST BE PAINTED WHITE.
9. Engine: Stock engine matching make of the car. (GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc.) Engine must be located in stock position (no setbacks). 4 cylinders only, No turbo chargers allowed.
10. Exhaust: Mufflers are MANDATORY (100 decibel limit) and must be welded in place. Loss of muffler will result in disqualification from that race.
11. Firewall: Firewall with all holes covered with steel plate. Rear sealed firewall separating fuel tank from drivers compartment is MANDATORY.
12. Frame: All springs and shocks must be located in stock position.
13. Fuel: Pump gas or racing fuel only (No Alcohol)
14. Fuel Pump: Stock electric fuel pumps allowed. If using an electric pump, there must be an oil pressure switch that shuts the fuel pump off when the oil pressure drops below 3 to 5 pounds. A "standard ignition products" part number PS-64 will provide this function.
15. Fuel Tank: FUEL CELL STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Only metal tanks intended for use as a fuel tanks may be used (No storage containers or gas cans). Tanks must be securely fastened in trunk area of car (No bungee cords). Fuel tank must be painted DAY GLO orange. Drain holes must be provided in trunk. Fuel lines must be securely fastened to frame and may not be routed through the driver's compartment. Any leaks in the fuel system of any kind will be grounds for disqualification. This is a safety issue and will be checked.
16. Glass: All glass must be removed.
17. Hood: Hood must be securely fastened. There must be a minimum of two hood pins located across the front of the hood. A metal air cleaner is mandatory as well as a fire arrester.
18. Hubs and Wheels: 7" maximum width. Racing wheels are recommended. Car must be equipped with large one inch safety lug nuts on right side.
19. Ignition: Aftermarket, dual point or magneto ignitions allowed.
20. Mirrors: No mirrors will be allowed.
21. Numbers: Numbers of a contrasting color must appear on both doors. Door numbers must be a minimum of 18" high with a minimum 3" stroke. NO DUPLICATE NUMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED. The first car registered to a number will retain that number throughout the season. Duplicates must change the number or add a letter with a minimum height of 6". (Example 98A) No number with more than three digits will be allowed. Any number on front of car must be 6" high.
22. Radiator: Any radiator O.K. It must include a catch can with a minimum two quart capacity. Radiator protection must be located between the front tires and behind the stock grill, not more than 10" above the bumper height. Pipes are not to exceed 2' O.D. by three feet in length.
23. Radios: ABSOLUTELY NO RADIOS ALLOWED.
24. Rear End: Stock O.E.M. rear end only, may be locked.
25. Roll Cage: Must be a four-post cage, with three bars across the driver's door, tied together with a vertical center bar. Drivers door must have an 18" x 24" x 1/8" steel plate mounted outside bars between roll cage and door skin to protect the driver. There must be a minimum of two door bars on the right side of the car. Entire cage to be constructed of minimum 1 3/4" O.D. steel tubing with .095 wall thickness. Car must be equipped with front and rear kick up bars from top of cage to the frame at least 2' from the cage, constructed of 1 1/2" minimum O.D. tubing. Front and rear frame hoops OK. Three windshield bars (one center bar 1" diameter MANDATORY) YOUR CHILDS SAFETY depends on a quality cage. Please make sure all welds are complete and performed by certified welder.
26. Seat: Driver's seat must be securely fastened to the roll cage with the seat back no further to the rear of the car then the stock doorpost and will be equipped with a headrest or high back racing type seat, subject to track inspection. 27. Seat Belts: Must be racing type and quality. A 3" seatbelt, 2" or 3" shoulder harness, and submarine strap are required and subject to inspection. All seat belts must have a manufacturer's date not over three years old. Seat belts must be fastened to roll cage. An unaltered neck restraint is required. All components must be fastened whenever you are on the racetrack.
28. Shocks: One shock per wheel. Shock must be stock and located in the stock position for make and model of car.
29. Starter: All cars must be equipped with a starter in working order. If a car must be push started from the staging area you will start at the back of the field for that race. If a car requires push starting for two weeks in a row, that car will not be allowed to race the second night.
30. Suspension: NO screw jacks, NO adjustable spring mounts. NO welded spring packs, NO adjustable sway bars. Springs must be mounted in stock location and have the same type of mounting as from the factory.
31. Tires: You must have DOT street tires max 8" wide. - NO ALTERATIONS!
32. Transmission: Any stock transmission, manual or automatic (stock converter in automatic). No quick-change transmissions allowed. No Bert or Brinn transmissions allowed. You must be able to disengage drive train. No direct drive systems.
33. Trunk: Must have assess opening of 18" x 24" minimum and be securely fastened.
34. Weight Rule: No weight rule.
35. Window Net: Window net required on all cars. Net must be bolted at bottom with a secure quick release fastener at top. Must be easily removable and not impede driver or safety crews. No car will be allowed on the track at any time without the window net in place.
36. Wrecker Hooks: Wrecker hoops are MANDATORY front and rear. Hooks must be easily accessible. If no wrecker hooks are on the car, the car will be pushed, towed or dragged to the infield until racing program is completed. Neither the wrecker crews nor Cherry Raceway management will be responsible for damage to any car.
37. Disclaimer. All cars are subject to inspection at any time, before, during or after each event. Items not in this set of rules are subject to the discretion of track officials, whose decision shall be final.