1. Safety: This class will abide by the same general safety rules in place for all classes. A working ABC fire extinguisher with gauge (min 2 1/2 lb) is mandatory in each racecar and tow vehicle. Must be mounted in a quick release bracket (duct tape is not acceptable). Every driver must wear a COMPLETE fire suit, Nomex gloves, unaltered neck restraint. Fireproof racing shoes are strongly recommended. Window net (bolted at bottom with a strong safe quick release at top), racing seat with five-point seat belt, and removable steering wheel are required. Seat belt must be fastened to the roll cage. Roll cage must be complete and subject to inspection. All drivers must wear a DOT approved full style helmet. Driver's head with helmet must not rise above the roll cage.
2. Battery: Must arrive at the track fully charged and must not be located in the driver’s compartment. It must be separated from the driver and fuel tank by a sealed firewall. It must be securely fastened (no bungee cords).
3. Body: Stock body is required. Car or truck may be any 1950 or newer American made passenger car or truck with a minimum 108" wheelbase. No station wagons, convertibles or utility vehicles. Full interior metal must be retained, except inner door, which may be cut away for safety bar clearance. Uni-body OK. Front and rear frames must be connected with 2" x 2" square tubing (minimum). No fiberglass, ABS, or polymer. Body must be stock appearing. Interior must remain open; No enclosing of driver cockpit.
4. Brakes: 4 wheel brakes are recommended. All four brakes must be in working condition. All four wheels must lock up in brake test. No brake adjustments or shut- offs will be allowed.
5. Bumpers: Stock bumpers in stock location. Rear bumpers welded and chained on.
6. Carburetors: STOCK 2-barrel carburetor or 4412/500CFM Holly carburetors. (GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc.) Manufacturer's stock cast iron intake manifold; Marine Bow Tie intake will NOT be legal for this class. NO fuel injection, turbo chargers, super chargers, or NOS. 1" spacer or adapter will be allowed.
7. Clutch: Stock only, with bell housing protection. No racing two or three disc type clutches allowed. Clutch must be inside bell housing. MUST have scatter shield or protective plate 180 degrees around clutch. If plate is used. 1/8" minimum thickness required. It must have one inch inspection hole in bell housing to view clutch area.
8. Driver: All drivers twelve to seventeen years of age must have a NOTARIZED minor release form, signed by both parents or legal guardians on file at the track.
9. Drive shaft: Must be magnetic steel. Metal strap or chain located beneath the forward 1/3 of drive shaft to prevent it from dropping on track. DRIVESHAFT MUST BE PAINTED WHITE.
10. Engine: Stock engine matching make of the car. (GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc.) Engine must be located in stock position (no setbacks). The number one spark plug may not be behind the upper ball joint. Roller tip rockers are OK. NO full roller rockers, NO roller cam, NO tall valve covers, and NO aluminum heads, block, or racing parts. Four, six, and eight cylinders allowed. No claim rule!
11. Exhaust: Stock cast iron manifold only. 2 ½" maximum pipe diameter. Mufflers are MANDATORY (100 decibel limit) and must be welded in place. Loss of muffler will result in disqualification from that race.
12. Firewall: Stock front firewall with all holes covered with steel plate. Rear sealed firewall separating fuel tank from drivers compartment is MANDATORY.
13. Frame: All frames must be stock for the make, model, and year of the car. All springs and shocks must be located in stock position. Stock floor pan must be retained for the full width of the car. Uni-body OK, front and rear frames must be connected with 2" x 2" square tubing (minimum).
14. Fuel: Pump gasoline or racing gasoline only (NO Alcohol, NO Nitrous, NO E-85, NO Ethanol, NO Additives).
15. Fuel Pump: Stock fuel pump only. No electric fuel pumps are allowed.
16. Fuel Cell: FUEL CELL IS MANDATORY. Fuel cell must be securely fastened in trunk area of car (no bungee cords). Fuel cell must have bladder and check ball on fill pipe, and it MUST be painted DAY GLO orange. Drain holes must be provided in trunk. Fuel lines must be securely fastened to frame and may not be routed through the driver's compartment. Any leaks in the fuel system of any kind will be grounds for disqualification. This is a safety issue and will be checked.
17. Glass: All glass must be removed.
18. Hood: Hood must be securely fastened. There must be a minimum of two hood pins located across the front of the hood. A metal air cleaner is mandatory as well as a fire arrester.
19. Hubs and Wheels: 8" maximum width. Racing wheels are recommended. Car must be equipped with safety wheels on right side and equipped with large one inch safety lug nuts. Bead lock on right rear ONLY will be allowed.
20. Ignition: STOCK IGNITION ONLY. No aftermarket, dual point or magneto ignitions allowed. NO MSD.
21. Mirrors: No mirrors will be allowed.
22. Numbers: Numbers of a contrasting color must appear on both doors. Door numbers must be a minimum of 18" high with a minimum 3" stroke. NO DUPLICATE NUMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED. The first car registered to a number will retain that number throughout the season. Duplicates must change the number or add a letter with a minimum height of 6". No number with more than three digits will be allowed. Any number on front of car must be 6" high.
23. Radiator: Any radiator OK. It must include a catch can with a minimum two quart capacity. Radiator protection must be located between the front tires and behind the stock grill, not more than 10" above the bumper height. Pipes are not to exceed 2' O.D. by three feet in length.
24. Radios: ABSOLUTELY NO RADIOS ALLOWED. Raceivers are mandatory.
25. Rear End: Locked rear ends OK. You may use Ford 9". No Grand National rear ends allowed.
26. Roll Cage: Must be a Minimum of four-post cage, with three bars across the driver's door, tied together with a vertical center bar. Drivers door must have an 18" x 24" x 1/8" steel plate mounted outside bars between roll cage and door skin to protect the driver. There must be a minimum of two door bars on the right side of the car. Entire cage to be constructed of minimum 1 3/4" O.D. steel tubing with .095 wall thickness. Car must be equipped with front and rear kick up bars from top of cage to the frame at least 2' from the cage, constructed of 1 1/2" minimum O.D. tubing. Front and rear frame hoops OK. Three windshield bars (one center bar 1" diameter MANDATORY) YOUR CHILD'S SAFETY depends on a quality cage. Please make sure all welds are complete and performed by a certified welder.
27. Seat: MUST be an approved racing seat. Seat MUST be securely fastened to the roll cage with the seat back no further to the rear of the car than the stock doorpost.
28. Seat Belts: Must be racing type and quality. A 3" seatbelt, 2" or 3" shoulder harness, and submarine strap are required and subject to inspection. All seat belts must have a manufacturer's date not over three years old. Seat belts must be fastened to roll cage. An unaltered neck restraint is required. All components must be fastened whenever you are on the racetrack.
29. Shocks: One shock per wheel. Shock must be stock and located in the stock position for make and model of car. No racing shocks, air shocks or coil over shocks allowed. It must have canister on top.
30. Spoilers: No spoilers allowed.
31. Starter: All cars must be equipped with a starter in working order. If a car must be push started from the staging area you will start at the back of the field for that race.
32. Suspension: ABSOLUTELY STOCK! NO screw jacks, NO adjustable spring mounts, NO welded spring packs, NO adjustable sway bars, and NO pan hard bars. Springs must be mounted in stock location and have the same type of mounting as from the factory.
33. Tires: American Racer P 245/70/15, (82.0-8.0-15/84.0-8.0-15/stamped MMA) Hoosier A-40,D-40, H-40. Chemical alterations, vulcanizing, tire softening, defacing and/or altering the face of the tire lettering and/or tire stamping will NOT be permitted. Tires may be inspected at any time. ONLY 8” WHEELS ALLOWED!! LARGE 1” SAFETY LUGNUTS!! May Run A Bead Lock On Right Rear ONLY!!
34. Transmission: Any stock transmission, manual or automatic (stock converter in automatic). No quick-change transmissions allowed. No Bert or Brinn transmissions allowed. You must be able to disengage drive train. No direct drive systems.
35. Trunk: Must have access opening of 18" x 24" minimum and be securely fastened.
36. Weight Rule: 3000 pounds minimum with driver after the feature. Top three cars will scale after the feature race. If you are underweight, you will be disqualified and lose all points and pay for the night. All added weight must be mounted in plain sight, painted white and have car number painted on it in a contrasting color. All weight must be securely attached to the car with a minimum of two ½' bolts and locknuts. If you lose weight on the track you will be disqualified. No cement or liquid style weight will be allowed. USE OF MERCURY WILL BE CAUSE FOR LIFETIME SUSPENSION FROM ALL TRACKS!!
37. Window Net: Window net required on all cars. Net must be bolted at bottom with a secure quick release fastener at top. Must be easily removable and not impede driver or safety crews. No car will be allowed on the track at any time without the window net in place.
38. Wrecker Hooks: Wrecker hoops are MANDATORY on front and rear. Hooks must be easily accessible. If no wrecker hooks are on the car, the car will be pushed, towed or dragged to the infield until racing program is completed. Neither the wrecker crews nor CHERRY RACEWAY management will be responsible for damage to any car.
39. Disclaimer: All cars are subject to inspection at any time, before, during or after each event. Items not in this set of rules are subject to the discretion of track officials, whose decision shall be final.