1. Safety: This class will abide by the same general safety rules in place for all classes. A working ABC fire extinguisher with gauge visible for inspection (min 2 1/2 lb) is mandatory in each racecar and tow vehicle. Must be mounted in a quick release bracket (duct tape is not acceptable). Every driver must wear a COMPLETE fire suit, Nomex gloves, unaltered neck restraint. Fireproof racing shoes are strongly recommended. Window net (bolted at bottom with a strong safe quick release at top), racing seat with five-point seat belt, and removable steering wheel are required. Seat belt must be fastened to the roll cage. Roll cage must be complete and subject to inspection. All drivers must wear a DOT approved full style helmet. Driver's head with helmet must not rise above the roll cage.
2. Appearance: Door number must be a minimum 4" stroke, with 18" height in CONTRASTING COLOR. Roof number must be a minimum 4" stroke, with 20" height pointed to passenger side of car. If we can't read your numbers you will not be scored. A 6" car number visible from the front and rear of the car is required. NO DUPLICATE NUMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED. The first car registered to a number will retain that number throughout the season. Duplicates must change the number or add a letter with a minimum height of 6". No number with more than three digits will be allowed.
3. Battery & Starter: Must arrive at the track fully charged. Battery may be located anywhere outside the driver's compartment. The battery must be securely mounted and the positive battery post must be covered. Starter must be in working order, and all cars must start under their own power in the staging area or the driver will be sent to the rear of the event. All cars must have a clearly marked ENGINE KILL SWITCH easily accessible by track workers from outside the driver's window.
4. Body: Stock body is OK. Car may be any 1950 or newer American made passenger car with a minimum 108" wheelbase. No station wagons, convertibles, trucks or utility vehicles. Fiberglass Hood and/or Roof OK. Rubber nose piece OK. After market body OK.
- Body must be stock appearing.
- After market bodies are allowed.
- Spoilers max width is 72”. Spoilers max height is 8"; 8” total material, including top lip.
- Body must cover at least ½ of the tire, but not completely cover the tires.
- Tires must remain visible from front and back of car.
- No side windows or air deflectors allowed.
- NO BOLTED SLAB SIDE BODIES (STRICTLY STOCK APPEARING BODIES)
- Maximum overall body width is 72”. Max body width at top (Deck and Interior) is 68”.
- All body sides from nose to tail on cars will have a visible bow outward and MUST have a break in bodyline.
- Minimum roof height 45", maximum deck height 35".
- All roofs must be from 41”- 45” long front-to-rear and 48"- 54” wide side-to-side.
- Rounded and tapered stock appearing fiberglass roofs preferred. (Performance Bodies # PER181080)
- All roofs must meet all roof dimensions and must be stock appearing.
- Must be a full roof. No partial roofs, no tilted roofs, no dished out roofs.
- No wings attached to roof or to side posts.
- No built in fiberglass air dams.
- All roof posts must meet outside of car.
- Front roof supports to be 2" wide.
- Rear roof post supports must meet outside of car on a flat straight line, and be stock appearing. Top width between 8” - 12”; bottom width between 18” - 24”.
- Rear roof post must be 32" or greater from the rear of trunk.
- Stock appearing rear sail post must be pre-approved, OEM size, and same make and model as nosepiece.
- No Late Model looking noses. Max 2” duckbill.
- Stock appearing nose pieces only. Performance Bodies Classic Dirt Nose (#PERC1X040) and Formed Plastic Sides (#PER20X23X) preferred.
- Noses must be mounted in way that if a square, off of level ground, is touching the nose at 18” above the ground, the nose must not be any further away from a level square than 6”. This is to prevent laid back style down force noses.
- Tires must be visible from front of car.
- Flares or add-ons to nose piece cannot be higher than front fenders.
- Front bumper and nose must be within 45" from the center of the front wheel and the rear bumper must be within 45" from the center of the rear wheel.
- Front and rear bumpers are not to be wider than body, but must fill area inside panels, tolerance, 2" each side.
- Rear bumper cannot extend more than 8" behind body.
- Front and rear bumper heights must be 18" + or - 2" from ground.
- All structural tubing must remain inside body.
- Driver must be able to exit from both sides of car with helmet on.
- Interior of car must be 13 ½" below roll cage minimum and all area of roof, from front window to behind driver’s seat. No area of the interior of cockpit can be less than 13 ½" below the roof and roll cage for safety. Easy exiting of car from either side. Windows must have 13 ½" of clearance straight up and down. No support bars blocking right exit from cockpit allowed.
5. Brakes: 4 wheel brakes are MANDATORY. All four brakes must be in working condition. All four wheels must lock up in brake test. No brake adjustments in cockpits or shut- off valves will be allowed while racing. Aftermarket pedals and dual master cylinder allowed.
6. Bumpers: Bumpers in stock locations. They may be reinforced from behind only. Ends of rear bumpers must be turned forward to eliminate sharp ends. Bumpers must be anchored to the frame.
7. Carburetors: One four barrel carburetor or any two barrel. A 1" maximum height adapter plate is allowed. NO fuel injection, turbo chargers, super chargers, or NOS.
8. Clutch: NO In and Out boxes allowed. Bell housing protection required. Racing 2 or 3 disc type clutches allowed. Clutch must be inside bell housing. The clutch must be able to operate with motor running and car in still position. Driver must be able to engage car in gear and move forward/backward while running at time of inspection.
9. Drivers: Drivers twelve to seventeen years old must have a NOTARIZED minor release form, signed by both parents or legal guardians on file at the track.
10. Drive shaft: Magnetic steel drive shaft ONLY. DRIVE SHAFT MUST BE PAINTED WHITE. Metal strap or chain must be located beneath the forward 1/3 of drive shaft to prevent it from dropping on track.
11. Engine: Stock appearing engine matching make of the car. (GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc.) No cubic inch limit. Engine may not be set back. The number one spark plug may not be behind the upper ball joint. No TOLERATION OR ALLOWANCE FOR CASTER ADJUSTMENT. Roller rockers are OK. Roller cams are OK. No aluminum heads or blocks are allowed. No claim rule!
12. Exhaust: Mufflers are MANDATORY (100 decibel limit) and must be welded in place. Loss of muffler will result in disqualification from that race. Headers are ok. Exhaust must exit behind the driver's compartment, and NO exiting of exhaust outside body panel.
13. Firewall: The firewall at the front of the cockpit shall be a wall of protection against fire from the engine compartment. It MUST be tightly sealed from top to bottom, not allowing air to flow from the engine compartment to the cockpit.
14. Frame: Stock front sub frames (chassis), 102" minimum wheel base. The front sub frame and rear clip must be connected by 2" x 2" (minimum) square tubing. Coil spring on coil spring cars only, leaf springs on leaf spring cars only. Uni-body may be used on GM, Ford, and Chrysler frames. Aftermarket upper A frames are ok. MUST use stamp steel lower A frames. Only two replacement front sub's allowed. Howe's part #358-8-01; Port City #100-2-205. If using aftermarket subs, 50 lb. will be added to front of car, 25 lbs. on each side, in front of bell housing. No former Late Model or Modified chassis will be allowed. Screw jacks are allowed on all four corners. Screw jacks must be made out of magnetic steel.
15. Fuel: Pump gasoline or racing gasoline only. (NO Alcohol, NO Nitrous, NO E-85, NO Ethanol)
16. Fuel Pump: Stock fuel pump only. No electric fuel pumps are allowed.
17. Fuel Cell: FUEL CELL MANDATORY. Tank construction, location, and mounting are subject to inspection. A leaking tank is grounds for disqualification. Must have bladder and check valve on fill pipe. Must have canister around tank. Must have approved safety bars behind the fuel cell, minimum height 8" clearance. Gas cap MUST be secured to fuel cell by cable, chain, or tie strap. Fuel lines must be securely fastened to frame and may not be routed through the driver's compartment. Any leaks in the fuel system of any kind will be grounds for disqualification. This is a safety issue and will be checked.
18. Glass: All glass must be removed.
19. Hood: Hood must be securely fastened. There must be a minimum of two hood pins located across the front of the hood. A metal air cleaner and fire arrester are mandatory.
20. Hubs and Wheels: Eight inch maximum width. Racing wheels are mandatory on all four wheels. Wheels must be equipped with large one inch safety lug nuts. Bead lock on right rear ONLY allowed. No plastic or carbon fiber wheels allowed.
21. Ignition: STOCK IGNITION ONLY. No aftermarket, dual point or magneto ignitions allowed. NO MSD, crank fire ignition, Mallory, etc. Only stock manufacturer bolt on type parts allowed. Example: MSD or Accel replacement coils or modules allowed providing it fits in stock location. No external MSD boxes or REV limiters allowed.
22. Intake: Any intake allowed. Maximum one inch spacer or adapter.
23. Mirrors: No mirrors will be allowed.
24. Radiator: Any radiator O.K. It must include a catch can with a minimum two quart capacity. Radiator protection must be located between the front tires and behind the stock grill, not more than 10" above the bumper height. Pipes are not to exceed 2' O.D. by three feet in length.
25. Radios: ABSOLUTELY NO RADIOS ALLOWED. Raceceivers are MANDATORY.
26. Rear End: Any stock automotive rear end allowed. Rear end may be locked. You may use Ford 9 inch including Grand National floater type. No quick change rear ends allowed. NO floating suspension parts, NO aluminum housings or aluminum center sections.
27. Roll Cage: Must be a Minimum Of : four-post cage, with three bars across the driver's door, tied together with a vertical center bar. Drivers door must have an 18" x 24" x 1/8" steel plate mounted outside bars between roll cage and door skin to protect the driver. There must be a minimum of two door bars on the right side of the car. Entire cage to be constructed of minimum 1 3/4" O.D. steel tubing with .095 wall thickness. Car must be equipped with front and rear kick up bars from top of cage to the frame at least 2' from the cage, constructed of 1 1/2" minimum O.D. tubing. Front and rear frame hoops OK. Three windshield bars; one center bar 1" diameter MANDATORY.
28. Seat: Driver's seat must be securely fastened to the roll cage with the seat back no further to the rear of the car then the stock doorpost and will be equipped with a headrest or high back racing type seat, subject to track inspection. Seat back measurement to rear axle 30" minimum.
29. Seat Belts: Must be racing type and quality. A 3" seatbelt, 2" or 3" shoulder harness, and submarine strap are required and subject to inspection. All seat belts must have a manufacturer's date not over three years old. Seat belts must be fastened to roll cage. An unaltered neck restraint is required. All components must be fastened whenever you are on the racetrack.
30. Shocks: One shock per wheel. Racing shocks are OK. No air shocks, coil over shocks, or struts allowed.
31. Spoiler: 8"maximum rear height, 72" maximum width and cannot hang outside of body. Three verticals allowed with a maximum length of 18". Spoiler must be made of clear material (lexan).
32. Steering: Aluminum steering quickener allowed. No rack and pinion steering. Quick disconnect steering wheel required. Collapsible steering shaft recommended. No straight shafts. Must have a minimum of ONE knuckle in shaft.
33. Suspension: Screw jacks are allowed on all four corners of the car. Adjustable sway bars are OK. Pan hard bars, non-adjustable, are OK. All rear suspension parts must be stock origin and in stock location. OEM 4 & 3 links OK.
34. Tires: American Racer (245-70-15) (82.0-8.0-15/84.0-8.0-15/stamped MMA) Hoosier A-40, H-40 are all OK. Chemical alterations, vulcanizing, tire softening, defacing and/or altering the face of the tire lettering and/or tire stamping will NOT be permitted. Tires may be inspected at any time.
35. Transmission: Any stock transmission, manual or automatic (stock converter in automatic). No quick-change transmissions allowed. Must have a scatter shield or protective plate 180 degrees around top of clutch. 1/8" steel plate is the minimum thickness that will be allowed. NO Bert or Brinn transmissions allowed. You must be able to disengage drive train while car is running. No direct drive systems.
36. Weight Rule: 3000 pounds minimum with driver after the feature. Top 3 cars will scale after the feature race. If you are under weight, you will be disqualified and lose all points and pay for the night. All added weight must be mounted in plain sight, painted white and have car number painted on it in a contrasting color. All weight must be securely attached to the car with a minimum of two ½" bolts and locknuts. No weight on rear bumper or outside body of the car. If you lose weight on the track you will be disqualified. No cement or liquid style weight will be allowed. USE OF MERCURY WILL BE CAUSE FOR LIFETIME SUSPENSION FROM ALL MSPA MEMBER TRACKS.
37. Window Net: Window net required on all cars. Net must be bolted at bottom with a secure quick release fastener at top. Must be easily removable and not impede driver or safety crews. No car will be allowed on the track at any time without the window net in place.
38. Wrecker Hooks: Wrecker hoops are MANDATORY front and rear. Hooks must be easily accessible. If no wrecker hooks are on the car, the car will be pushed, towed or dragged to the infield until racing program is completed. Neither the wrecker crews nor Cherry Raceway management will be responsible for damage to any car.
39. Disclaimer: All cars are subject to inspection at any time, before, during or after each event. Items not in this set of rules are subject to the discretion of track officials, whose decision shall be final.